Since I can't possibly write about every single item that has occurred, let me give you a quick rundown:
- My daughter and son-in-law had their first child--a boy--right before Thanksgiving. Joy!! This, of course, entailed many trips to L.A. beforehand and my throwing a baby shower. Maybe that's why I was so busy.
- My novelette, SANTA BABY, appeared in an eight-author Christmas anthology, SIZZLE IN THE SNOW.
- I went to Florida and had three book signings in Fort Myers, Cape Coral, and Sanibel. Great fun. I love Floridians. They're so welcoming and THURSDAYS AT COCONUTS is a great fit for the Sunshine State.
- I penned my newest novel, SLEEPING WITH ELVIS over the past several months. More about that in another post. I am a HUGE Elvis fan. I had an epiphany about a plot including an Elvis impersonator and my novel was born. I was busy all winter and spring writing this novel and will share details soon. I promise!
- I received "Best Debut Author" from BTS Books in April at TNEE (The Novel Experience Event) in Atlanta. I was bowled over. This was after six months receiving a 2015 RONE AWARD at the InD'Scribe Conference in Palm Springs. Sigh. Pinch me! Seriously, I could not be more humbled or happy to see my work recognized.
- I've been writing like crazy on my Coconuts sequel. I know. I know. I should have had it out by now. The good news is I have enough ideas for at least two more books! Yippee. More of Hope, Suzy, and Alex--as well as several new characters.
- We had a big family vacation the first week of June. There were 21 of us. Try getting a table for that size group every night for dinner! It's a challenge.
- Now, I'm FINALLY updating my website. I'm only three books behind. Good grief.
I hope you've had a wonderful time since we last chatted in October. I'll do better with my blogging. :)