Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Anthologies

Last fall, I was published in my first anthology! It was exciting. My poem entitled "A Country Drive" appears in ECHOES OF THE OZARKS, Vol. VI, published by High Hill Press. This anthology features a great selection of Ozarks' stories and poems written mainly by authors from Missouri and Arkansas. It's a great read. Check it out. If you'd like an autographed copy, let me know. They're just $10.

Do you read anthologies? I've always enjoyed them. What better way to sample several authors' work at once. If you're a writer, I encourage you to submit to anthologies. If you're a reader, then, by all means, please read them.

Reminder: The Storm Country Anthology to benefit the Joplin school libraries has a deadline of July 15. Google for more info.

What is your experience with anthologies? Do you read them? Have you been published in any?

4 comments:

  1. I do buy anthologies, Beth. But then, I love short stories. They're perfect to take along when you only have time to read for a limited time.

    One thing I am against is having to pay to have my story included in an anthology. Seems similar to vanity press. I only submit to ones that don't expect payment from me. I know there are a few out there that do want a submission fee. Never understood that.

    BTW, your poem was great. The whole anthology was great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of paying to be in one. I wouldn't do that. In fact, you normally have to go through the submission process with fingers crossed hoping they select your short story or poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Thanks about my poem. It was fun writing from a guy's perspective for a change!

    ReplyDelete