First of all, I apologize for not blogging lately. Good grief. I thought it had been a month but it has been over TWO months. That's terrible but we have hosted family for Thanksgiving, Christmas (doesn't everyone?) and flew to Arizona to be with grandkids and more family. It has been a hectic fall. I'm ready for some routine and normalcy.
Now, for my timely (haha) New Year's Resolutions and Goals:
* Finish and submit my sequel to THURSDAYS AT COCONUTS. I'm currently at about 30,000 words last I checked. The working title is either COWBOYS AT COCONUTS or MEET ME AT COCONUTS or something else entirely. Any ideas? Maybe I'll have a contest.
* Submit one (or two) picture books. For months, I've been SO close to finishing SOUR POWER. I just need to tweak it a bit and get it to my publisher.
* Write a novella (a first!) I am excited about this one. I like writing shorter stories and have several ideas. I just need to harness them.
* Get back on my exercise routine. I used to work out four times a week. For years! A massage therapist messed up my knees two years ago and I really got out of my exercise routine. I miss it.
* Get organized. I’m a mess lately. My files are in shambles. My photos are all lumped together. I have boxes of books and swag in my office. Don't even ask about my closet. Oy.
Now, that I'm holding myself accountable by putting these in writing, feel free to yell at me if I don't comply with them. And what are your resolutions? Do you make them? Keep them?
I don't really make resolutions. I'm doomed to fail. Writing goals seem to be something I could manage, however. You have some good ones. The trouble with writing is we are also very busy people. Life loves sucking those creative juices right out of our head. I sometimes imagine a straw sticking out of my brain. Thanks for posting encouragement.ReplyDelete
A straw?! Lol. Let's hope not. It's hard to write with our busy lives, but I managed to work full-time as a single mom for years so I know it's possible! Thanks for stopping by, Tierney. Happy New Year!ReplyDelete
This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyDelete
I am resolved to look at my writing as more of a business and plan things more. I also want to read more books so my minimum will be two a month.Last year I found I was writing so much I felt guilty if I stopped to read.ReplyDelete
I couldn't agree more on both counts, Maggie. If we don't treat it as a business (and say we're going to "work"), no one will. We need to get in that mindset. I know I do.Delete
Love your reading resolution. I should have thought of that! I need to read more, too. I LOVE to read.
This is an ambitious list, Beth! But knowing what you achieved in 2014, I have no doubt you will check off each of those boxes by December. I know you saw my 2015 list, so you know I may have overreached a bit! I think it all boils down to time management for me. Happy New Year and best wishes!ReplyDelete
Happy New Year to you, too, Monica! Yes, it is ambitious. I'm determined, though. :) I hope we both check off everything on our respective lists. One item was just added to mine that wasn't expected (a 5-10k short story).Delete