Thursday, October 15, 2015

NEW RELEASE: SIZZLE IN THE SNOW

I'm thrilled to be among eight authors whose novelettes (10,000 words each) will be featured in the upcoming Christmas anthology, SIZZLE IN THE SNOW, by Soul Mate Publishing. My story is entitled "Santa Baby," and I had such fun writing it.

Last spring when I saw the Call for Submission for this anthology, I immediately thought of five storylines. I happily started on one and was half finished with a sweet, heartwarming story when the editor, Char Chaffin, asked for a steamy novelette. Huh? Screech the breaks er, keyboard. My story was not steamy whatsoever.

So, what's an author to do except save the current document (as yet untitled) and start over with a blank page. I scratched my head trying to think of a steamy Christmas story that would still have a heartwarming happily ever after. I thought and thought and finally did it! I'm really happy with the result and hope you will be as well. It's unique as far as holiday stories go. :)

All of the SIZZLE IN THE SNOW authors are sharing recipes, DIY holiday tips, favorite songs, excerpts, Christmas memories, and more. I'm running hard to catch up since I've had an insanely busy fall. Look for those fun posts over the next couple of days while I catch up. Meanwhile follow us on Twitter at #sizzleinthesnow and stay tuned for our Facebook launch party in November!

No comments:

Post a Comment