Sunday, June 28, 2009

Twitter Twerminology

I've been on Twitter for a couple of months and am thoroughly enjoying it (although it is taking up at least an hour of my time each day which could be used to actually write another novel, but I digress). I'm still learning the lingo and think it's great fun (especially the terms "tweet" or "tweets.") However, I'm beginning to think the entire universe is developing a lisp. Read some of the terms below. You'll see what I mean. Twopular - Recent Twitter trends Twellow - Yellow Pages Twibe - Tribe (i.e., group of like-minded folks) Twug - Hug Twable - Fable Twitterholic - What I'm becoming Twitterature - Book recently bought by Penguin. Two college freshmen are retelling the classics using 140 characters or less. Genius. These are just a few of the terms I've come across. I'm sure there are many more. Care to share more Twitter lingo? Don't worry--we won't waff at your wisp.(My apologies to anyone who actually has a lisp. No ill will intended.)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Beth. You're really into this twitter thing. I only check mine about once or twice a week. Of course, then I have to go through a lot of postings to catch up.

    ReplyDelete