Before we get into the Top Twenty Reasons to visit Coconuts, the Happy Hour oasis in my Coconuts series, I want to thank my readers and reviewers for their incredible support of my new release, BABIES AT COCONUTS. Even though this is Book 3 in my series, never fear, it may be read as a standalone.
Happily, BABIES AT COCONUTS already has more reviews than its sister, CHAOS AT COCONUTS, which is a testament to my downfall (not promoting it enough last year) than to the second book in my series. :) Here's a sampling of the reviews for BABIES:
“OMGosh this book y’all. I am in love!” “I was hooked from the first page to the last.” “Found myself reaching for a hanky one minute, and laughing like a loon the next! The author’s characters are so realistic that I half expect one or all of them to wind up on Facebook!” “An amazing beautiful story of family, love & friendship at its best!” “Beautifully written.” “You don’t know what you’re missing if you haven’t read anything from this author yet!” “Has become one of my favorite series.” “At times it was hard to remember that I was reading a ROMcom and not watching a movie.” “Charming. Hilarious. Touching."
See why I'm giddy and hard at work on Coconuts #4?! Thank you, readers!! If you haven't read any of my Coconuts novels (gasp!) here's the order:
THURSDAYS AT COCONUTS
CHAOS AT COCONUTS (Book 2)
BABIES AT COCONUTS (Book 3)
COCONUTS Books 4-6 - TBD in 2019 & 2020!
My characters LOVE going to their favorite hangout. They adore the get-away feel of the island theme in land-locked Crystal City and appreciate the fact that their favorite server, Gus, knows what cocktail they want when they enter the room. Here are twenty more reasons to visit Coconuts.
TOP TWENTY REASONS TO VISIT COCONUTS
- To overhear the juicy gossip of long-time best friends Suzy, Alex, and Hope, who go to Coconuts weekly (or more if there’s an emergency, which is often!)
- Getting a glimpse of the gorgeous, wealthy New York socialite, Cheri Van Buren, and ask if you can borrow her incredible designer clothes or shoes.
- Having the cute flip-flop wearing server, Gus, who always knows what cocktail everyone wants for Happy Hour, serve your favorite drink—or possibly serve him!
- Hoping to be handcuffed by sexy, bad-boy cop Lt. Tony Montgomery. He may be a rascal at times, but he sure is sexy. Those arctic blue eyes…
- Adding your initials (or painting something tropical) on the floor-to-ceiling beach mural.
- To ask hunky, dark-sunglass-wearing Gage for a ride in his limo and hoping he remembers the chilled champagne!
- Showing Alex she isn’t alone with her OCD tendencies by tying a paper straw holder into a knot in solidarity—and handing her some anti-bacterial gel after you touch her hand.
- Hugging Suzy for all she has been through.
- Ditto for Alex.
- Double ditto for Hope.
- Giving Alex advice on whether she should ditch the cop once and for all and pursue Gage, Cheri’s limo driver.
- Giving Suzy advice on how to handle her surly teen stepdaughter, Izzy.
- To discuss wedding themes with Suzy and hire her company, Weddings by Suzanne, for a wedding.
- To share (or gather) Italian recipes with Fernando’s mom, Mama Gia, but scooting away before you offend her and she thumps you on the head!
- Commiserating with Hope for everything she’s gone through with her hippie parents and telling her that her frizzy hair is beautiful and to stop worrying about her weight!
- To see newlyweds Jon and Fernando and hope Fernando teaches you to dance the salsa.
- Requesting the infamous zebra print menu and scouring it to order every item on the menu—or at least the crab cakes or truffle popcorn.
- Hoping to catch a glimpse of either Nikki, Tony’s hateful, spiteful ex, OR Hannah, Alex’s bank marketing intern who is gunning for her job, and possibly trip them or spit in their drink. Trust me, they deserve it!
- To find out about the unique, hilarious cocktail the New York socialite insists the women drink.
- To tell the women you admire their unbreakable bonds of friendship and wish you had friends like them. Who knows? Maybe they’ll invite you to join them at their high-top table at Coconuts!
Are you ready to visit Coconuts? Most of my readers want me to open an actual bar with this name, and I am sorely tempted! Read all about the adventures of Suzy, Alex, Hope, and Cheri and their shenanigans here: https://www.amazon.com/author/bethcarter
The Amazon link for my new release is: https://www.tinyurl.com/BabiesatCoconuts And it's free with Kindle Unlimited!
P.S. The paperback version will be available on August 28, 2019, and is up for pre-order now. Thank you for your support.
I liked your blog very muchDigital MarketingBy the next afternoon I'm kissing on the bit to bring it back. This is a great blogspot theme, where you can find the best themes and latest designs. very nice. But you know that this is the right time to start your business with Google Media Website DevelopmentReplyDelete