The year 2010 has had extreme highs and lows for me. There was almost no in between. The beginning of the year was extraordinarily exciting, and the last part of the year was shockingly tragic. Here are my best and worst moments:
Best of 2010
1. Getting published in IT ALL CHANGED IN AN INSTANT, More Six-Word Memoirs by Writers Famous & Obscure.
2. Going on the book tour for the above book of memoirs in none other than NYC!
3. Participating in and chairing Sleuths' Ink's first-ever JANO project where writers attempted to write a 50,000-word novel in a month.
4. Being named poet of the month for my poem, "A Country Drive."
5. Having my first-ever book signing at Borders where nearly 50 family members and friends gathered.
6. Pitching my novel to one nice and one hard-to-read agent/editor at a local conference.
7. Attending my first out-of-state writers' conference all by my lonesome. And pitching my novel to two very nice agents and meeting several writers who are now friends.
8. Seeing my daughter perform at Disneyland in a Bollywood show.
9. Learning that our fifth grandson, Eliot, was born. (Yes, I officially have more grandchildren than my mother. My stepdaughters are very fertile.)
10. Getting published in the Echoes of the Ozarks anthology.
Worst of 2010
1. The tragic and brutal death of my niece, Shana. Everything else pales in comparison, so it's futile to list those events.
What were your best and worst moments of 2010? Please share.