Thursday, December 30, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

It's almost time. Have you thought about your New Year's resolution? Do you make them? Keep them? Mine are somewhat different this year. They are:

Stop being late! This also means leave earlier, start getting ready earlier, get off the computer sooner and avoid any other distractions that keep me from arriving on time. I'm really sick of putting on makeup and jewelry at stop lights--and sliding into home base when I arrive at a meeting.

Be a more disciplined writer. This means sending out queries on a regular basis. It's ridiculous that I finished my novel over a year ago and have only queried three agents. Being more disciplined also means writing on a regular basis, stop life from ALWAYS getting in the way, concentrate on my writing goals for the year, and WRITE.

How about you? What are your New Year's resolutions?

2 comments:

  1. I agree with the Be A More Disciplined Writer. During Nano I learned just what I'm capable of. I kept asking myself - why am I not doing this EVERY DAY? I won't write myself into oblivion LOL but I will pay more attention to how I spend my time.

    My other one... Put myself out in the Freelance Field more.

    Here's to a Prosperous 2011

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's hope we both become more disciplined writers in 2011. Here I am, though, the first day of JANO and what am I NOT doing? Yep. I'm not working on my novel. But...I'm still deciding which one I want to write! That's my excuse anyway.

    ReplyDelete