Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Express Yourself

While shopping for Christmas gifts, I thumbed through several catalogs and looked at many sites. I discovered some clever, hilarious sayings on tees and plaques. Here are my ten faves:

"I'm so busy I don't know whether I found a rope or lost my horse."
"Wine Improves With Age. I Improve With Wine."
"Ho Lee Chit" (using a Chinese-like font)
"I'm so old I fart dust."
"When in doubt, mumble."
"Sometimes I laugh so hard tears run down my leg."
"Don't make me put my hands on my hips."
"Be careful or you'll end up in my novel" (I have this one!)
"With enough thrust, pigs fly just fine."
"I'd agree with you but then we'd both be wrong."


Hope these gave you a chuckle during this frenzied season! Which one is your favorite? And please share other clever sayings.

7 comments:

  1. "Do a lot of spitting out the hot air. And be careful what you swallow." A Seuss-ism, of course.

    I like your "If in doubt, mumble." Reminds me of the Kit Kat commercial AND, of course, mumbling is better with chocolate. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those. I'm sure I could think of others if I tried hard enough. How cute.

    Remember that sign on the freeway a few years ago? It was a picture of Jesus saying "Don't make me come down there!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I remember those billboards. They were clever. Thanks, ladies.

    Here's another sweatshirt I have: "I'm a poet and know I am." LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you made me smile, Beth. Thank you! I'm going to save two of them to use at key moments. (1) Don't make me put my hands on my hips, and (2) I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong. Wow, perfect. Just perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea, Jan! Glad you liked them. I'll have to remember those two as well.

    I used to date a smart-mouthed (to put it very nicely) professor who always said, "When I want your opinion, I'll tell you what it is!" It's funny now but wasn't back then.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are great, Beth. I especially like "I'm so busy I don't know whether I found a rope or lost my horse." I can identify with that one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Jack. I love that one as well--and can definitely relate!

    ReplyDelete